I’m Mark Fredericksen, naturopathic physician at NatureWorks Health Clinic. Naturopaths are licensed primary care physicians in the State of Washington. We seek to find ways both to treat the body naturally and to encourage it to do the job of healing itself. If you are on this site, you may be ready to think a little more broadly than just using conventional allopathic medicine.
See if you agree with me:
I BELIEVE THAT:
- Natural medicine is not the right answer for everyone. Like all medical practice, it has its limitations and I'll be forthright in telling you where I see those limitations. However, you owe it to yourself to exhaust your natural options first and, perhaps therein, avoid the many side effects that occur with pharmaceutical drugs. Stronger options and referrals to other health professionals are always available.
- Nature brings, and our bodies recognize, an empowering force that can sustain us and heal what's broken in our lives.
- Our bodies inherently know what they need, how to heal themselves, and when they need help. We may not realize the obstacles we're putting in our way, or discern what we're lacking to achieve full health.
- You deserve to be given knowledge to understand your body and care for yourself, and not remain in a dependent position of doing what you're told. A collaborative relationship is the goal, rather than the typical doctor-patient power inequality.
- Our health covers the whole of our being. We are physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social beings. A disturbance or imbalance in any of these realms can adversely affect and involve all the others.
- You are the expert on your body and health, meaning you understand your situation better than anyone else possibly can. Your input and hunches of what's happening are frequently invaluable.
- You deserve to be heard and understood, and not be "on the clock" to do it quickly. You deserve to have access to my expertise whenever you need it without navigating a "phone gauntlet" or getting pre-screened by a gatekeeper.
- Your time is valuable and you should not awkwardly have to mingle with strangers or be kept waiting interminably in a waiting room or exam room.
- Simplicity is usually the best route to wellness. The least expensive, least invasive approaches -- aimed solely at reaching your wellness goals -- are recommended to save you money and keep you from having to take a meal's worth of pills.
- You are paying me to work for you and give you feedback that will make a difference in your life. You are the boss and caring for you is my privilege.
If you agree with these 10 beliefs (or want to) then you are probably ready to make an appointment. Contact information is to the right. Here is a 30-second video that might help you get a feel for my office.
For video click here.
|My Granddaughter's art work around echinacea flowers|